1 kg of chicken breast. Cut to your preferred size.
1½ teaspoon of ginger paste
1½ teaspoon of garlic paste
A handful of fresh Coriander leaves
3-4 green chilies
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon of garam masala
4-5 whole dried red chilies
½ teaspoon of salt (according to taste)
6 tablespoons of yogurt
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
This a very simple recipe to create one of the UK's favourite dishes. Create this mouthwatering tasty dish at home. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Mix all the spices together and put them in a blender to make a paste.
- Make 4-5 deep cuts on each side of the chicken pieces. This will help it cook better on the inside as well as giving it a better flavour.
- Coat the pieces with the paste and leave to marinate for a few hours preferably overnight in the fridge.
- That's it. Now simply bake in oven. Alternatively you can cook them on the barbeque.
If baking in the oven use an aluminum tray covered with foil to help keep the steam and mositure in.
- Leave in the oven for the first 20 minutes at 375o F.
- Uncover and quickly turn the chicken over and cover it up again.
- Leave in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes. By this time the chicken should be cooked.
- Lastly, stick under the grill for about 10 minutes or a hot skillet for a few minutes to give it that charcoaled look and taste.
- Alternatively uncover the chicken pieces and leave it in the oven for ten minutes with the temperature increased to 450oF. Bake until the top is dry and the cuts that you made have 'opened up'.
Serve with salad and naan
Serves: 2 to 3 persons